Organizers say Conan O'Brien will host the 2027 Oscars

1 week ago 1
ARTICLE AD BOX
Conan O’Brien to host 2027 Oscars – Organisers

Organizers announced on Tuesday that comedian Conan O’Brien will again serve as host of the 2027 Oscars, marking his third consecutive appearance.

The 63‑year‑old O’Brien will preside over the 99th edition of the Academy Awards, scheduled for March 14 in Hollywood.

Academy CEO Bill Kramer and President Lynette Howell Taylor said in a joint statement, “We look forward to Conan superbly leading the celebration with his brilliance and humor.”

The former late‑night host will again collaborate with Raj Kapoor and Katy Mullan, who are slated to serve as executive producers of the ceremony for a fourth straight year.

The announcement was made during the presentation of Disney’s programming slate. Disney, which owns ABC, the network that will broadcast the ceremony, delivered the news.

Disney Television Group President Craig Erwich said, “Conan has created remarkable energy around the Oscars. His singular comedic voice makes Hollywood’s biggest night one of the most entertaining celebrations of the year.”

O’Brien, who has won six Emmy Awards, previously hosted a number of late‑night television shows, including “The Tonight Show.”

He presently hosts the podcast “Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend” and the HBO travel series “Conan O’Brien Must Go.”

This year’s ceremony attracted 17.9 million viewers across the ABC broadcast and Hulu streaming, a modest decline from previous years.

At the 98th ceremony, “One Battle After Another” won Best Picture, and its director Paul Thomas Anderson received his first Oscar.

This article was first published on Vanguard News.

Read more on this