ARTICLE AD BOX
Borno State Governor Babagana Umara Zulum visited the Uba and Chibok communities to express sympathy for families affected by recent kidnappings and attacks.
Mallam Dauda Iliya, the governor’s special adviser and spokesman, announced the visit in a statement on Tuesday.
While in Uba, the governor met parents of children abducted from the Mussa community and assured them that authorities were working to secure the children’s safe return.
“I want to convey my deepest sympathy to the Emir of Uba, parents of the abducted children and the entire people of Uba Emirate over the recent unfortunate incident,” Zulum said.
He added, “Let me assure you that the Federal Government under the distinguished leadership of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Nigerian Armed Forces and Borno State Government will do everything possible to secure the release of the children.”
Zulum said additional security personnel, including military and police officers, had been deployed to the area to strengthen security and support rescue efforts.
“We have made frantic efforts to stabilise Askira, Uba and adjoining communities through reinforcing security in these areas,” he said.
The Emir of Uba, Ali Ibn Isma’ila Mamza II, reported that 48 people were abducted on May 15, including 37 primary‑school pupils, six secondary‑school students and five other residents.
The governor also travelled to Chibok to console residents after recent attacks that killed several people and injured others.
“I purposely came to Chibok to sympathise with you over the recent attacks in some parts of the local government which claimed many lives and left others injured,” Zulum said.
He added, “I want to assure you that the Federal Government, Nigerian Armed Forces and the Borno State Government will do everything possible to avert the recurrence of such incidents.”

1 hour ago
1











English (US) ·