FCT: Wike says he's called a land grabber because he's a politician

2 months ago 29
ARTICLE AD BOX

On Tuesday, Federal Capital Territory Minister Nyesom Wike said that critics had labeled him a land grabber simply because he is a politician.

He explained that the lands he acquired in the capital were intended for development.

He made the remarks while attending the commissioning of the Judges Quarters at the Court of Appeal and the flag‑off ceremony for the construction of quarters for Industrial Court and Code of Conduct Tribunal judges in Abuja, events held to celebrate President Bola Tinubu’s third‑year anniversary.

He noted that some of the plots used for the construction had been allocated fifteen years earlier and remained undeveloped; the FCT Administration, under his leadership, revoked those allocations and repurposed the land for the Judges Quarters.

“This land was allocated to Julius Berger 15 years ago and I revoked it. If you don’t want to be accused don’t be a politician, in fact, the day you become a politician is the day the will write your history, even those who don’t know you. I thank God that today they can see that I truly grabbed lands. I came to see where we can develop land for judicial officers.”

“I want to tell everybody that once you know what you are doing, don’t bother listening to what people are saying. I have this cue, if you like abuse me from morning till night, but I just come back and ask my wife if there is any good whisky which I take and go and sleep.”

“While you are worrying yourself, I’m sleeping very well. So when you see why I’m not worried, if I’m not important will they call my name? So don’t bother yourself, do your work.”

“Just where we want to build the industrial court, people have

Read more on this