Alcohol can impair decision making abilities and motor skills. It is frequently a factor in vehicular accidents, violent behaviors, unplanned pregnancy, and sexually transmitted diseases. Excessive alcohol consumption, can lead to the lethal danger of alcohol poisoning too, which negatively impacts to one’s health and may even cost one, his or her life, if not properly addressed. Some people believe that an occasional glass of red wine can benefit their health. Regardless of the merits of this view, too much red is a recipe for disaster.
Disadvantages Of Drinking Alcohol
- Generally, women are more vulnerable to alcohol poisoning. They feel the effects of alcohol, faster than men. Unfortunately, they’re also more predisposed to suffer from long term alcohol induced damage in the body.
- As a rule of thumb, darker and bitter alcoholic drinks, have higher alcohol content. Red wines, have higher alcohol content than white wines. Also, sweet wines have less alcoholic content. Meanwhile, all clear liquors have 40 percent alcohol content except for grain alcohol.
- During Pregnancy: No amount of alcohol is safe to drink during pregnancy, due to the risks of passing alcohol toxicity, through the placenta of the unborn child which can cause severe damage at any stage of pregnancy.
- Underaged: Underage drinkers are more vulnerable to alcohol poisoning as they typically consume about five drinks in a single occasion.
- Alcoholic poisoning:This comes with very serious health penalties, which is why it is important to be well informed, about what symptoms you need to watch out for.